Pages

Thursday 26 September 2013

Raft Building

Raft Building

It was so cold! The raft was in the water wobbling and I bobbed down next to it, while Kapri was holding on to me.  Instead of sitting, I lay down on the raft as I was so exhausted from everything going on. However I felt comfortable and confident about raft building and that it would be a fun experience.

As we set out on to the water, I was about to bail off the raft because we couldn’t stop the raft from moving about in the rough water. Luckily for me I had my life jacket and my helmet on.

As we started to paddle towards the waterfall, my bottom kept on hitting the rocks. Suddenly I fell from the raft and into the bitterly cold deep water. There were rocks  beneath me and I couldn’t get up, I felt like I wanted to cry. My bottom was sore and it felt like everything was against me.

The water was moving so fast, that I couldn’t stand up and I was shaking like a blender. Everyone that was on the raft noticed that I was shaking and they were laughing. Woosh! The water kept on coming at me and it was splashing me in my eyes blinding me.  

It was super windy, the wind was blowing the raft from side to side as it looked like it was going to fall apart. Finally the instructor was nice enough to hold the raft so we could float and I was able to pull myself back onto the raft using all the energy that I had left in me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.